The idea, I guess, is that I post a bunch of random facts about myself, answer the questions that Leah has posted and then nominate 11 other blogs and post a list of my own questions to them. I agree with the others that it sounds like a lot of work, but if it means that more people will be able to connect and share ideas because of it, I am all in! (See the bottom of this post for the "real" meaning behind the Liebster Blog Award)
So here are 11 facts about myself:
1. I was born in The Netherlands
2. I have a younger brother
3. I bite my nails way too often!
4. I love playing squash.
5. I speak 4 languages.
6. I like making funny voices.
7. I played the violin for 15 years.
8. I lived in Chile, El Salvador, and Mexico
9. I am obsessed with Glee and everything about it.
10. I had coffee with President Uribe of Colombia
11. In the past 4 years I have had over 10 Xrays done (needles to say I'm clumsy).
Leah's Questions:1. Favorite country you have visited?
2. Healthy baking or tasty baking?Tasty Baking - is there any other kind?
3. Who is your hero?
4. Are you introverted or extroverted?
5. Biggest splurge purchase you have ever made?
Buying my first car.
6. Something you are proud of?
Being a teacher.
7. Christmas break or summer holidays?
8. Worst part about teaching?
There is none.
9. Best job perk?
Being able to use my funny voices at work and not get stared at like I have 3 heads (AKA being able to be a kid at work).
10. coffee or tea?
11. Best gift from a student?
An appreciative letter including a bracelet.
***The real "gist" of the Liebster Award is that there is no real award. There are no judges, no special rules. No website with an official team to congratulate you and hold your hand. It's mostly what you want it to be. If you receive the award, you can 1) accept it and 2) pass it along. It's that easy.