- "Publish" the poems onto a big piece of chart paper and add illustrations
- Use a microphone
- Make donuts and coffee mugs out of cardboard and hang them from a ceiling (looked really good!)
- Bring in checkered table clothes to put over the tables
- Make a "menu" for the parents (AKA a list of who presents when)
- Bring in Coffee and apples for parents (some parents brought home made brownies as well!)
- Make a background/welcome sign for the presenters
- Create their own invitations (incl. how/when to RSVP, advertising light refreshments, time/place, etc.)
- Create invitations for the Principal and VP
- Have a student be the MC, have 2 students welcome and seat parents
- Students run the whole show... teacher relaxes! (most of the time!! hehe)
It was an outstanding show and performance by all of the students! Best of all, it was all done within an hour so parents could easily go back to work in case they came during their lunch break.
The students loved hosting their parents and were excited about speaking French!